Sunday, April 11, 2010

Julian Casablancas tickets

Well, well, wasn't Julian Casablancas a disappointment. Julian's show was the kickoff in my super awesome concert weekend (he played at First Ave on Thursday night) so it was supposed to be this super fun thing. I honestly thought he was touring because he enjoyed playing music. His dear ol' dad owns the second largest modeling agency in the world, among other things, so he really has no need to be in a band to make money. I supposed its more something to do. Well, Julian C proved it on Thursday night. It was by far one of the more boring and disappointing shows I have ever been to.

First of all, First Avenue tickets were not even close to being sold out for this one. This should have been red flag number one. It was odd being at First Avenue for a show that wasn't so oversold you could actually move around. My friend and I were able to even get A SEAT AT THE BAR in between sets. That is just unheard of. Julian Casablancas looked about 4 steps below enthused to be there. The highlight of the night was seeing my favorite guy, Har Mar Superstar in the crowd. Seriously dude, don't do us any favors! You don't have to tour if you don't want to! It made me sad that I chose to buy my ticket for this show over Surfer Blood, which was playing next door. Ughh, that show received a rave review! And Prince was spotted outside of First Ave after their show.


Yeah, peace is right dude.

No comments: