Friday, September 3, 2010

Dawes tickets

I have been so busy at work lately that posts have been pretty scarce around here, my apologies. Another thing about working so much is that I have missed out on a couple great shows because of pure exhaustion. Dawes (a band I saw open for Edward Sharpe at the beginning of the summer) played at the Taste of Minnesota this year. The TOM required a $20 cover charge this year, a tactic that crushed their crowd this year. I was super bummed that I had to miss Dawes. As you know the Taste of MN is always over 4th of July weekend, which was also smack dab in the middle of a long Twins home stretch.
Needless to say I had to miss the show :(

Not long after their show at the Taste of MN, Dawes announced their return to Minneapolis. Dawes must really like Minneapolis because they have been here 3 times this summer. First Avenue tickets when on sale for their Thursday, November 11th show. First Avenue tickets will sell fast for this one due to local favorites Peter Wolf Crier supporting the show.

I am excited for this one - see you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got me at taste of minnesota

Anonymous said...

$20 cover? what a joke? especially since they are a band a majority of people havent even heard of im sure.