Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spiritualized Show Announced!!

I know I say this a lot, but one of my all time favorite bands, Spiritualized, will be playing at First Avenue!!!!!
Excited? YES.
A lot? YES!!!!

I was thinking of traveling to Chicago to catch them at the Pitchfork Music Festival in July, but I decided to save my gold pieces for my trip to New York. If you haven't heard of Spiritualized or Spaceman 3 get over to iTunes or your local independent record store and buy "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating Through Space." You will not be disappointed. I picked up the new Spiritualized album, "Songs in A & E" and you can definitely sense the change in Jay Spaceman's voice since his near fatal bout with pneumonia a few years ago.
Regardless, tears of joy are welling up in my eyes when I think about hearing "Shine A Light" performed live.
Even if you're not a fan now, be sure to check these guys out and introduce yourself to a new musical experience. First Avenue tickets for this show will no doubt go fast, they go on sale Friday and I will no doubt be busting the door down to buy one!
Take yourself, invite your friends, and hell, even bring the cat!

No comments: