Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Faint show was awesome!

Due to being a little short on cash this month, I decided to go to the Faint show at First Avenue instead of the super sold out Coldplay show at the Xcel Energy Center. If you were looking for Xcel Energy Center tickets for the Coldplay show you were probably having to look far and wide for tickets - the show has been sold out since it went on sale at the beginning of the summer!
However, First Avenue tickets for the Faint were still around on Friday, but I got in for free!
I love having friends that can do cool favors like that for you.

The Faint played a great show! I didn't get to hear 'Southern Bells in London' - which is one for my favorite jams. They also played 'Paranoia Attack,' 'Drop Kick the Punks,' and 'Glass Dance.'
The band is so much fun to see live because they put a lot of energy into the show and actually look like they want to be playing music and are not up there simply because they have to.
Its a rare occasion that they come to down (which is sad considering they live only in Omaha, NB).



Next up at First Ave: I'm going to Darker My Love this Friday night at the 7th Street Entry!
I can't wait!

5 comments:

Ticket King St. Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love first ave! I actually am super excited for the NYTEOWL's to come. they are a MN hometown band which are fairly popular. See you at the show.

Anonymous said...

What's coming up at First Ave?

Anonymous said...

Great picture - looks like you got super close to the stage!

Anonymous said...

So how was Darker My Love?