Monday, October 12, 2009

Sam Roberts Band Show Announced!!!

One of my long time favorite (gasp!) Canadian bands, the Sam Roberts Band will be in town for a show this November. I have been a fan since my first year of college when I caught their video on a late night showing of "Subterranean" on MTV. Remember that show?! Anywho, I'm usually not a supporter of the Canadians (Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Alanis Morrissette - all people that annoy me and are in fact from Canada). But I love these guys, their first album is filled with 100% awesome jams - you can listen to it from beginning to end.

The other part of the Sam Roberts Band's story that is interesting to tell is that Sam Roberts wasn't supposed to be a musician, he was supposed to be a hockey player. After he suffered an injury that ended his promising hockey career while he was recovering he learned how to play guitar and began writing music. The result was the the self titled release "Sam Roberts Band" and the band has been touring ever since.

First Avenue tickets are on sale for this event now, it will sell out because it is in the 7th Street Entry - everyone's favorite place with one bar and one bathroom - but hey, at least it won't be a million degrees outside so it won't smell like a locker room!


No comments: