Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lucinda Williams at First Ave

Lucinda Williams will be at First Avenue Minneapolis not once, but twice in the upcoming weeks. Williams will be putting on a show on Thursday, October 23 and Wednesday, November 5…do you suppose First Ave got some sort of deal for booking two gigs with her?

Lucinda Williams is popular in the Twin Cities, but I doubt she will sell out both shows. Known for her great song writing, Lucinda Williams is practically an icon in the music industry. I am sure it will be a varied crowd at the First Ave Club, but I don’t think I will make either show. I can’t help but wonder what the two shows thing in a matter of weeks means – Does she have that big of a twin cities fan base? Is First Avenue desperate for bigger name acts? LEAVE ME A COMMENT on your opinion! If I get a lot of opinions I will move them to the front page of this First Avenue Blog to promote further discussion about the future of the legendary First Avenue Nightclub.

1 comment:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

She must have a HUGE Twin Cities fan base, because she has shows here all the time!