Thursday, October 30, 2008

Conor Oberst Review

Last night I went to see Conor Oberst's newest musical venture, which includes him and the Mystic River Band. I don't know his solo catalog nearly as well as I know his Bright Eyes catalog, but I was very impressed by the show. It was way more exciting than TV on the Radio last week!
Bright Eyes' music is more mellow and low key, whereas the Mystic River Band sounds more alive and filled with energy. There is a mandolin/piano player, 2 guitarists other than Conor, bass player, and all band members sing. They were loud, alive and definitely not boring.




First Avenue tickets were still available the day before the show, which surprised me because usually when Conor Oberst is in town it is a difficult ticket to find. Every show I have seen him at in the past 5 years has been wayyyyy sold out!


Next up at First Avenue is the Halloween show on Friday! Costume contest and Thriller dancers at midnight! I can't wait!

1 comment:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

OMG I WANT TO SEE THE THRILLER DANCERS! That's so Jennifer Garner ala 13 going on 30....way jealous :)