Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mars Volta Show Just Announced!

Everyone's favorite noisy racket group, The Mars Volta, just announced a show at First Avenue which will be on September 19th.
Currently on tour for their 'Octahedron' album, the Mars Volta are downsizing their tour this time around. Last time they were in town they played at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium, which from what I understand was pretty empty. I kind of wonder if First Avenue may be to small though?

I have seen the Mars Volta before and I'm not too sure that I will be forking over the mega bucks to see this one. The last time I saw them was just too much, not to mention Roy Wilkins Auditorium does not have the best sound system. They're songs are just so long (only Led Zeppelin can get away with that much noise!) but in their defense, when they were on their first tour after the demise of At the Drive In, they played a show at the Quest Club. It was amazing. Spoken word artist Saul Williams opened the show and The Mars Volta were awesome. I lived in Milwaukee at the time and it was so worth the drive home to see the show! But unfortunetly they don't have that spark anymore.

First Avenue tickets
are on sale now for the Mars Volta.

(maybe)See you at the show!


the geniuses themselves, guitarist Omar Rodríguez-López and vocalist Cedric Bixler-Zavala.

2 comments:

B said...

I don't know if I could pay attention at the concert with that hair on stage!

Anonymous said...

I saw the Mars Volta when they opened for the Chili Peppers at Xcel in 2003 or 2004. All I remember is that the lead singer was doing donkey kicks around the stage...and I was impatiently waiting for Anthony Kiedis to make his debut.