Thursday, November 19, 2009

First Avenue Sponsored Event - First Avenue Tickets

Tonight there is a First Avenue sponsored event at the Turf Club in St. Paul featuring the Pink Mountaintops. I la la love these guys! They have been on my list of bands to check out for about a year now. If anyone was a fan of Black Mountain this is the other more experimental side of their front man, Stephen McBean.

First Avenue tickets
are not necessary for this show, it is at the Turf Club and Turf Club tickets are hard to find ahead of time. There are very few retailers that sell them. I have my ticket!

I was reading a little bit into the history of Black Mountain and the Wikipedia article mentioned that majority of the members when they are not touring and creating music with Black Mountain work for a Canadian organization called Insite. Insite takes a different approach to treating people riddled with addiction: Since opening its doors in 2003, Insite has been a safe, health-focused place where people can go to inject drugs and connect to health care services – from primary care to treat disease and infection, to addiction counselling and treatment."

If you are interested in reading more about the interesting company, Insite, you can check out there website here.

See you the show tonight!

1 comment:

B said...

I always find great concert tickets at Ticket King I have no idea if they have tickets to this show or not, but they are my first go-to always!