Friday, November 27, 2009

First Avenue tickets

Despite being horribly tired and worn out in lite of the holiday season approaching I still made it out the Sam Roberts show on Tuesday night. It helped that I had the day off to relax and what not, but still, I was dragging!

It was a hard adjustment getting used to Sam Roberts' short hairdo. Last time I saw him and his band open for Ben Kweller he had a full mane of hair. First Avenue tickets for this show were not sold out, the 7th Street Entry was full, however you could still move around. And there was no line for the bathroom, which is a rare occasion.

Before the show I was listening to the Current and low and behold Sam Roberts was on the air for a live studio session thing. It was during this interview that I found out a very disheartening piece of information. Sam Roberts was never a hockey player that taught himself how to play guitar while he was recovering. That was jsut a ridiculous story that he wrote himself! I know! I don't believe it either!

Regardless, it was a great show. The Sam Roberts Band knows how to bring the house down!

See you at the next one!

No comments: