Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nostalgia report: Third Eye Blind!

Remember Third Eye Blind? You know the 'do do do do do do do do do da do' song that was all about a semi charmed life, but in reality was all about doing Crystal Methamphetamine (many people don't believe me, but I challenge you to look up the lyrics on lyrics.com!)
Anywho, Third Eye Blind's self titled debut was released when I was in 7th grade. In fact, it was one of the first cds that I bought with my very own money, my babysitting money that I earned, not even the money that my mom gave me. I listened to it so much that I had to buy another copy. I had the gray album cover version AND the red album cover version. There were far better songs on it than 'semi charmed life' such as 'losing a whole year' 'graduate' and 'jumper.' All of course involved subject matter far too mature for a 13 year old to really understand, but I loved it anyways.

Sunday, May 31st, 2009 Third Eye Blind will be at First Avenue, it is an 18+ event. Shouldn't be a problem considering I was probably one of their youngest fans back in the day and I'm now 24, I doubt there will be a lot 16 year old Fall Out Boy fans wanting to buy First Avenue tickets for this show. But I will be there! I am getting guest listed so I get to go for free (thank you Joe!). I can't wait to hear all of my favorite jams and all of the new ones that I won't know.


Lead singer Stephen Jenkins seen here with baby mama Vanessa Carelton

No comments: