Thursday, May 21, 2009

Techno godfathers return!

Exactly one week after my beloved Third Eye Blind concert there will be another big show in town at First Avenue. I am talking about the Crystal Method. The LA based group gained popularity in the later 90's around the same time as their European cohorts, the Chemical Brothers and Daft Punk. Simply put they are DJs, but fantastic at what they put together.
Since their release of Vegas in 1997, the duo have not really taken a break from recording and releasing albums. They have also done a lot of producing for other artists and recordings for soundtracks. The Crystal Method are currently touring in support of their new album, "Divided by Night" which was released on the 12th of this month.
First Avenue tickets for this show are still available, I think the show would sell better if it were on a Saturday night. Which I think it should be considering it would be AWESOME to have The Crystal Method DJ at First Avenue's Too Much Love event on Saturday. But I understand, bands have to save Saturdays for bigger markets like Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles.


Sunday, June 6th, 2009
I'll see you at the show!

No comments: