Friday, June 26, 2009

Dinosaur Jr Show Announced!

Get out your nostalgia hats! One of your favorite bans fronted by J Mascis (jk the ONLY one) in the early 90's was Dinosaur Jr. I have been hearing rumors about how awesome their new album "Farm" is and I finally broke down and bought a copy. I must admit as of now I am only three songs into the album and I hooked. Definitely hooked! The first song is called "Pieces" which they recently performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Although they have been a band since 1984, which was before I was even born! "Farm" is only their 5th studio album. They were signed to Sire records in 1990 and after several player changes, fights amongst band mates, and slow record sales the band was officially broken up. However, like most bands that swear they will never play together again, by 2005 they were back together again. Good thing they did because I am loving this album! Hop on down to Electric Fetus and pick one up - no Dinosaur Jr. fan will be disappointed.

Dinosaur Jr will be at First Avenue Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 (Nothing like planning ahead, winter boots and all!) The opening act has not been announced yet, however, the show is 18+ (Sorry kiddies!) First Avenue tickets go on sale next week and like I said - the show isn't until November 18th!


An no, that is NOT Gandolf!

See ya there!

No comments: