Monday, June 1, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane

I sadly did not make it to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on Saturday (Beerfest got the best of me!) but I did make it to the Third Eye Blind show Sunday night. I had no idea that First Avenue tickets for this show would be in such high demand, however, I stand corrected. First Avenue was packed to the wall with people, my friends and I had to stand by the merch table!
Third Eye Blind played all the old jams that I feel in love with when I was in 7th grade. They played "Motorcycle Drive By" (I was not even dreaming of hearing that one!) "Graduate" "God of Wine" "I Want You" "Jumper" and of course "Semi Charmed Life." From an album that was from 12 years ago, it's pretty cool that Third Eye Blind played almost half of it. I was pleasantly surprised, however, I cannot belive how crowded it was. I made a point to wear a longsleaved shirt assuming it would be freezing in the half full First Avenue. Haha! I was wrong, instead I was left to swelter in the over packed place.
All in all I am kind of bummed that I missed the Yeah Yeah Yeahs show on Saturday, but I got to take a trip down nostalgia lane over the weekend!

1 comment:

B said...

I had the same flashback, I did not make it to the concert... but i stumbled passed while on a 1st ave bar crawl and took a trip (not litterally) down memeory lane.
Glad to hear the show was great!