Sunday, February 21, 2010

Julian Casablancas tickets

Hello hello! Long time no blog, but the beautiful Caribbean waters of Mexico called and I had to go visit for a few days.
When I came back I had a lovely surprise - JULIAN CASABLANCAS announced a show! My dreams have been answered! I thought there was no way he was going to make a Minneapolis stop. The Strokes (hiss full time gig) went back into the studio this month to record a new album. The band has been on hiatus for awhile, rehab, marriage, etc., but now they're back, ready to record and tour. Julian has already toured for his new album, only with east and west coast dates, but this little thing called Coachella Music Festival asked Julian Casablancas to play this year. So on his way from New York to Cali for the festival, he is stopping in cities that are 'on his way' to Coachella. Which includes a First Avenue stop on Thursday, April 8th. YES, another concert in April that I will be attending. I already overbooked two nights, luckily this one is not one them. However, the following night is another story. I have tickets to see Deertick at the Triple Rock and Varsity Theater tickets to see the XX. On the same night! Why do they do this to me.

It is exhaisting being a Minneapolis music fan some days. Anywho, as soon as I got home and heard about this amazing show I ran out to buy my First Avenue tickets for this show. The last time the Strokes were here they sold out the Orpheum! And before that they super sold out First Avenue tickets. I think this is going to be a big First Avenue event, but hey, maybe that is because I am so excited for it!

See you at the show!!


Julian Casablancas with Funeral Party at First Avenue, Thursday, April 8th.

No comments: