Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Avenue tickets

It's been a while - and I have a lot to catch up on - not one, but THREE show reviews!

First Avenue tickets
for She and Him, Edward Sharpe, and the Black Keys were all in high demand and totally sold out - but this girl right here was at all three of them.

She and Him was first - and very disappointing. I love love M Ward, and really, how can you not be in love with Zoey? Unfortunately the show was so boring I left early to see 'Get Him to the Greek.' After Zoey's 100th rant of the camera flashes I had had enough. You're in a band, on a stage, and an actress on top of that - get over it. People will take your picture, there is nothing you can do about it. M Ward is 100 times better musician and singer than Zoey and he was not give a chance to be in the spotlight very much. M Ward solo show bring it on!

Next up was Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros with Dawes. I hadn't heard too much of Dawes, except what has been played on the radio. Needless to say they by far exceeded my expectations were amazing. I went out the next day and bought their album. Last time Edward Sharpe was at the Varsity Theater they were very disorganized and a tad too immature. However, they have really practiced and gotten their act together. Edward Sharpe was well orchestrated and sounded amazing. It was an amazing show, I can't wait to see them again.

And finally, I attended the Tuesday (the first of two) Black Keys show. The show blew my mind over and over again with each song. "Hey, we're the Black Keys from Akron, Ohio, we're gonna play some new songs and some old ones - lets all have a good time" and then they opened the show with "Thickfreakness" and closed with "Everlasting Light" and "Til I Get My Way." The show was so phenomenal I bought a T-Shirt, which I almost never do these days because I have so many.

First Avenue tickets
for all three of these shows were so sold out. I really wanted to go the Wednesday Black Keys, but First Avenue tickets were going for over 100 bucks on Craigs List! Way too much for this concert fan. Man oh man - I can't wait to see them again. Maybe a trip to Ohio this summer is in order.

No comments: