Friday, June 18, 2010

Jayhawks tickets

Maybe you have read the article already in the Star Tribune, but this weekend is one hell of a weekend for local music. Rock the Garden. The Jayhawks. The Gear Daddies. The Jazz Festival - and lets not forget about Lookbook tonight at First Avenue. If I wasn't checking out The Red Pens at the Hexagon that is where I would be. (Another local band, The Red Pens are simply amazing, I try to make as many of their shows as I can - they are just awesome!)

The Jayhawks headline not one, but three nights this weekend at First Avenue. Saturday night First Avenue tickets are sold out, but there are First Avenue tickets available for Sunday and Monday. The Strangelights and Romantica open Sunday and Monday, respectively. This is the first reunion for the Jayhawks where ALL founding members will be taking place in the show, which is kind of a big deal to Minneapolis music fans.

While I will NOT be at the Jayhawks shows, I will definitely be checking out local band Retribution Gospel Choir at the social event of the season, Rock the Garden. I know, I know, I am sick of hearing about it, too, but come on, it's always a huge deal. The Current is basically throwing a party and Rock the Garden tickets sell out every year. MGMT, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, OK GO and lets not forget that the Barrio taco cart will be there. I really can't tell you what I am more excited for.

Please, the weather will be beautiful this weekend, the Twins are out of town, so do yourself a favor and check out some great local music this weekend. It's out there and you do not have to look far to find it!


MGMT


THE JAYHAWKS

No comments: