Thursday, January 14, 2010

First Avenue tickets

First Avenue tickets are on sale now for a newly announced First Avenue sponsored event: Beach House at the Cedar Cultural Center on Sunday, April 4th. Beach was last hear in the fall with Grizzly Bear, who is one of the bigger indie bands of the moment. A lot of my friends that went to that show did not even go to see Grizzly Bear, it was the buzz band Beach House that brought in a lot of fans.

I would like to take a minute to mention the passing of a great, new and up and coming artist: Jay Reatard (Jimmy Lee Lindsey Jr.) who died yesterday at the young age of 29. It is heart breaking to hear that someone with so much promise and who has overcome so much in his life to pass away at such a young age. Apparently he died in his sleep, the actual cause is still to be determined. Jay Reatard has opened for bands like the Pixies, Beck, Deerhunter and Conor Oberst (I caught him opening for that show). I am glad that I got see him. I have read in articles posted online that he lived an emotionally troubled life, hopefully he is now at peace.



“I take full responsibility for everything I’ve ever done… I’m not sorry for any of it.”
Jay Reatard (May 1, 1980 – January 13, 2010)

No comments: