Friday, January 29, 2010

Serena Maneesh tickets


Norway rockers Serena Maneesh have announced a show on their spring tour that will be stopping here at First Avenue's 7th Street Entry. I hear Serena Maneesh on the Current and my satellite radio a lot, but I am not sure of their following. Regardless, First Avenue tickets 7th Street Entry tickets are scarce, the 7th Street Entry holds very few people, as in maybe a couple hundred.

Serena Maneesh's self titled album was released in 2005 and very critically acclaimed. It lead to them opening for some awesome bands like the Dandy Warhols, Nine Inch Nails, and Oasis just to name a few. Serena Maneesh fans have been patiently waiting the release of the new album "S-M 2: Abyss in B Minor' which has an expected release in March 2010. For distribution on this record the band has changed record labels from their Norwegian record label HoneyMilk to the UK's renowned 4AD label. Fellow label mates will include (but not limited to, of course) The Big Pink, Blonde Redhead, Bon Iver, The Breeders, Camera Obscura, and TV on the Radio. Serena Maneesh is going to be represented by some very prominent people this time around.

I don't know a lot about Serena Maneesh or many of their songs off the top of my head, but I must say I am intrigued. I may have to buy First Avenue tickets now so I can check out the show on Tuesday, March 30th. Depreciation Guild opens the show. And sorry kiddies, show is 21+.

No comments: