Monday, January 17, 2011

Bright Eyes Tickets

So I may sound like a huge nerd here, but I am absolutely ecstatic for the new Bright Eyes album. There is so much hype about it. I mean, Conor Oberst has released solo albums, toured and recorded with Monsters of Folk, but has not been under the "Bright Eyes" name in at least 5 years. The last time Bright Eyes was here was before George Bush was elected to a second term. How can I forget "When the President Talks to God" one of my all time favorite concert moments. It was totally unexpected that he play such a B-Side. You could have heard a pin drop in the State Theater that night - everyone was absolutely mesmerized and Conor received a standing ovation. Magic!

First Avenue tickets are on sale now for both Bright Eyes shows in April. Yeah, that's right - there is going to be two of them. I ran out and bought my First Avenue tickets for both of the shows because I will not be missing either one of them.

I can't wait!

No comments: