Monday, January 3, 2011

One fo the Greatest Pop Stories Ever Told

While I was on a trip to the MOA last week with my brother we of course had to stop at Zumiez. Usually while we're there they are playing the new jams that the kiddos are listening to - especially Lil Wayne jams. I may sound old, but I usually tune it out. I love Jay-Z, but I don't get the rest of it. Well, I get it, I would just rather listen to the Brian Jonestown Massacre.

Anywho, while sitting in the 'mom chair' as I call it while Ryan picked out new snowboarding gloves (a huge decision, mind you) a jam started on their soundsystem that I had not heard in about 5 years. Robyn's "Show Me Love." I must say, Swedish people know how to do pop music (Abba?) it was perfect.

By this time we were in the check out line getting the snowboard gloves, a coat, and a rasta grip pad and I could NOT resist the temptation to sing along. So I did. I embarrassed my brother and myself. But I didn't care because this song is awesome. Please, take a trip down memory lane with me:


First Avenue tickets are on sale now for Robyn's show in the main room on Sunday, February 13th. Don't just pass Robyn off as a one hit wonder - she has had a lifetime of success as a popstar in her native land of Sweden. It shows when she sold out the Fine Line a few months back. First Avenue tickets are sure to sell out for this one - First Ave has Tweeted quite a bit about how fast tickets have been selling.

No comments: